Every Man Is An Island

I stand by that. But clearly some men are island chains. Underneath, they are connected...

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Complete and Utter Silence

I'm sitting here at work. I'm currently working on filling out a big application to send to Australia to get funding. To get the necessary background I spend a lot of time reading through the literature, which means I sit at my desk. Because of this I often find that more than an hour will pass between spoken words. I think the longest was somewhere around 3 plus hours. When you don't speak for that long it's almost like you forget how to. Then when the time comes your voice is all crackly, and you sound like an idiot.

Soon the need for any human contact nears desperation. I can't even begin to count the number of times I hit the Check for New Mail button in webmail. It's gotta be seriously around once every 2 or 3 minutes. Then when the yellow stripe of a new email shows up, it's like YAY! Sad huh.

On a side note I put a bunch of Skittles into my water bottle Monday and let them dissolve. The resulting concoction was actually pretty good. Not quite as sweet as I imagined, but Skittlicious nevertheless.

As a bonus I get to leave work at 2:00 as opposed to my usual 3:00 because I scheduled an eye appointment at 2:30. What a deft maneuver by me.

Hump day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home