Every Man Is An Island

I stand by that. But clearly some men are island chains. Underneath, they are connected...

Monday, June 08, 2009

Not an Orphan Blog

Reading an article about people who sign up for Twitter, post once, and never return made me think about my blog because there was a link to a blog site about blogs that were one post wonders. Then I realized that I had abandoned my blog. That got me to reading my previous posts, and that got me to thinking about why I hadn't posted in a long time. Because back in the day, oh did I ever enjoy writing a good blog post. It was like creative writing class in high school all over again, except I could use profanity.

I started my blog during my Junior year of college, something like Spring 2004. At first it was a the new fad. I didn't actually think anybody read it, and I still don't think anybody actually reads it. It was a fun way to document, for myself, fun things that happened in my life. Kind of like a journal. Posts were relatively short and not really thought out or anything. Then I discovered the long narrative. It's like I got to tell a story to people, but I got to go back and edit to make sure I wasn't sounding like an idiot. And that's where I think I really started to enjoy blogging. And for the better part of 2.5 years, I posted relatively frequently. And then in the fall of 2006, I stopped. There was one orphan post in the summer of 2008 which was really just a ctrl+c ctrl+v job.

I know now why I stopped. It was in the fall of 2006 that I stumbled my way into a something magical, a relationship that will produce a sweet party on August 28, 2010. But why is that significant? I was in a long term relationship in 2004 when I started this blog. You see, it is significant because that was when I started dating the person that would become my best friend. She is the best listener ever, and exactly the person I was searching for. My blog always listened when I needed to talk. My blog was amazing that way. But now I don't need my blog anymore. Sorries. Because I've found somebody else that will always listen when I need to talk, and with her, I don't feel the need to edit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home