Every Man Is An Island

I stand by that. But clearly some men are island chains. Underneath, they are connected...

Monday, May 15, 2006

All in Good Fun

Ok, everybody gets a kick out of stories about people playing pranks on others. The following is a hilarious story that I was reminded of last night of a prank that was so simple yet effective.

If you know me, you will know that I enjoy making fun of people and generally laughing at them rather than with them. That seems bad, but I'm really that not mean.

But anyway, this all started back in the day when I was living in the shit hole known as the JC. My buddy Frank and I were talking on AIM about a party that we were going to go to later in the evening. It was at my friend Dave's. I was excited because the last time I was there it was just crazy fun. Here's a short recap of that. Meghan puked spaghetti next to but not into the kitchen sink. I danced on a table top. Ta2 ran home. There was a fight and oh was there blood. The cops came and even though Craig and I were 21 we hopped a fence to get the under age Nikki out of there. To say the lease I was excited for another fun night.

This is what started it all. Frank asked me if there was a theme to the party. I recognized the opportunity immediately. I ran out into the living room and excitedly told Craig and the Nikki about Frank's question. There was no way I could pass this chance up. It was just sitting there ripe for the picking. So easy. I mean who asks that kind of question. Frank does that's who. I absolutely had to make something up. So I enlisted Craig and the Nikki for their help which was a complete and utter waste of time. In the end I was able to come up with a theme that wasn't too crazy so that nobody would dress up yet costumey enough so that one dressed up person would just look ridiculous. That theme was western....and hilarity ensues.

This part is a little hazy so I don't remember how we got to the party. The only thing I remember was when Frank walked in and realized that there in fact was no theme. So there he was all dressed up in his gay cowboy outfit looking just out of place, hilarious. Ha ha jk it wasn't that gay. No really not at all brokeback. We didn't even know what brokeback meant back then. Anyhow, I explained to him how I couldn't just disappoint him and tell him that there wasn't a theme when he asked. I apologized for taking advantage of him, and we continued to laugh at him.

I knew that Frank was a good guy and wouldn't kill me, but nobody knew that he would take it so well. He didn't leave or sit in the corner or anything. He just laughed it off and even kept the cowboy hat on. Actually, the whole costume turned out to be a fantastic conversation starter. People just loved it.

So the moral of the story is thus. The reason theme parties are so unsuccessful is because there aren't enough rockin' people like Frank who are willing to dress up and make asses of themselves. If you do get suckered, play it out because it'll make for a hilarious time for all. Don't ask if there is a theme to a party or else you'll get what's coming to ya. If you hear about a slutty office worker theme party, watch out....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home