Every Man Is An Island

I stand by that. But clearly some men are island chains. Underneath, they are connected...

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Overcoming the Passive, Indifferent Life

I really hate the feeling of obligation. It just has a very negative connotation to me. I know it could be something you said you'd do, but for me it has the feeling of something you have to do. It seems like something that you wouldn't want to do and that sucks. I've found that these obligations often stem from an external source in that someone else wants you to do something or you don't want to let somebody down. There's always the feeling that you could be doing something better with yourself.

So I've made it a goal in life to rid myself of obligations. Why would I want to subject myself to such annoyances. I'm not going to do something because you tell me I should or simply because you want me to. If I do it, it is going to be on my terms because I want to do it or feel that it is worth it.

If I do take on an obligation by chance, somebody will understand and appreciate the fact. Because the worst is when somebody is oblivious to the sacrifice made by others.

I've only got one obligation and that is to give meaning to life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home